The Canadian Children’s Book Centre is now accepting submissions for its English-language children’s book awards. The submission deadline is February 14, 2020.
If you click on the links below you will find submission and criteria information about each award. Please be sure to read all of the submission information and criteria for each of the awards, as it varies from award to award, and some of the criteria has changed from last year.
- TD Canadian Children’s Literature Award *
- Marilyn Baillie Picture Book Award
- Norma Fleck Award for Canadian Children’s Non-Fiction
- Geoffrey Bilson Award for Historical Fiction for Young People
- John Spray Mystery Award
- Amy Mathers Teen Book Award
Only works by Canadian authors and illustrators are eligible for submission. The award marked with an asterisk (*) is only open to Canadian publishers.
NEW FOR 2020: SUBMISSION FEES
There is a $25 non-refundable fee for each title submitted to each of the CCBC book awards. Therefore, if, for example, you have a title that meets the criteria for three of the awards listed above and you would like it considered for all three awards, the submission fee for that particular title is $75 ($25 x 3). The fees will be used to offset administration costs as well as costs associated with the presentation of the awards.
Please also consider becoming a member of the CCBC. Member support helps us to continue bringing attention to Canadian children’s books through our programs such as these book awards. Through your support, we can keep showing Canada, and the world, that Canadian children’s books are best.
TITLE SUBMISSION FORMS
You are required to complete a title submission form for each title being submitted. Each award has its own specific form which indicates the number of books required for each submission. The forms are available in two formats — PDF and Word.
- TD Canadian Children’s Literature Award Title Submission Form (PDF / Word)
- Marilyn Baillie Picture Book Award Title Submission Form (PDF / Word)
- Norma Fleck Award for Canadian Children’s Non-Fiction Title Submission Form (PDF / Word)
- Geoffrey Bilson Award for Historical Fiction for Young People Title Submission Form (PDF / Word)
- John Spray Mystery Award Title Submission Form (PDF / Word)
- Amy Mathers Teen Book Award Title Submission Form (PDF / Word)
Books submitted that do not meet the eligibility requirements and criteria will not be considered and will not be returned, nor will the non-refundable submission fee. It is the publisher’s responsibility to determine what books are eligible for each award.
The submission deadline for all awards is February 14, 2020.
If you have any questions about eligibility or the awards in general, please contact Meghan Howe at 416.975.0010 ext. 222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
** FRENCH-LANGUAGE AWARDS
For the 2020 French-language awards, the CCBC is partnering with Communication-Jeunesse. They will be coordinating the French-language awards on our behalf. If you have any questions about submitting French-language books to the Prix TD and/or the Prix Harry Black, please contact Pénélope Jolicoeur at email@example.com or 514-286-6020 ext. 305. Submission deadline for the French-language awards is February 20, 2020.