The 2022 conference, Because It Lasts: Time and Space in Children’s and Young Adult Literature and Culture, will be held at UBC Vancouver campus (BUCH D218 & 219) from June 17th-19th this summer.
The conference committee is aware that neither world-wide travel nor gathering in large groups is likely to be safe and/or accessible during the ongoing pandemic, thus, this year’s conference will adopt a hybrid model, with both in person and virtual venues. While the conference will still primarily be held in person at UBC campus, it will also be accessible to the public via Zoom. To attend the conference either in person or via Zoom, please register on Eventbrite (please copy and paste this link https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/347479489507 if the hyperlink doesn’t direct you to the page), and select ticket(s) according to your preferred attendance mode. Virtual attendees will receive Zoom links prior to the conference via email.
· 42 academic & creative presentations by graduate students, writers, professionals all over the world on “time and space” in children’s literature
· 2 keynotes by renowned children’s literature scholar and author
· 3-day immersive experience in the world of children’s and young adult literature, media and culture
· 4 social events to connect with peers and professors
· 200 free swag bags for grab (good quality tote bag, pen and notebook with conference logo for in person attendees only)
Afraid of a 3-day commitment? Just drop by any of the panel(s) or social event(s) that interest you. Attached is the conference program.
For more information, please visit the conference website https://blogs.ubc.ca/timespace2022/ and follow us on Twitter @MACLconference. We look forward to seeing you (either in person or virtually) at the conference.
| 2022 UBC Graduate Student Research Conference on Children’s Literature Committee
Follow us on Twitter @MACLconference