SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 6, 2018
The Canadian Children’s Book Centre (CCBC) is now accepting submissions for the fall 2018 edition of Best Books for Kids & Teens (BBKT), the CCBC’s semi-annual selection guide to the best Canadian children’s books, magazines, audio and video, which will be released in November 2018.
When is the deadline?
The deadline to submit is April 6, 2018
What books and resources are eligible?
For the fall 2018 edition, our committees will only be evaluating books/resources published between January 1, 2018 and June 30, 2018. Please refer to the Eligibility Criteria for further information.
What do I need to submit?
- Please send completed title submission forms for ALL titles you plan on submitting. The title submission forms are available in two formats – PDF and RTF. Completed forms can be submitted by email to email@example.com.
- The quantity of books/resources as indicated on each title submission form, to the address provided. Please note: Materials submitted will not be returned, including titles that are not selected for inclusion.
How can I submit books published after April 6, 2018?
Books published after April 6 can be submitted the following way:
- Send in a completed title submission form by April 6, 2018. Completed forms can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow up with physical copies of the books/resources when they become available.
Title Submission Forms
BBKT Title Submission Form – Book (PDF or RTF)
BBKT Title Submission Form – Magazine (PDF or RTF)
BBKT Title Submission Form – Audio (PDF or RTF)
BBKT Title Submission Form – Video (PDF or RTF)
Where will my books and resources go?
All submissions are:
- sent to Best Books for Kids & Teens committee members for review.
- sent to the Best Books for Kids & Teens annotation writer.
- placed in our library, archives and current display collection in Toronto.
- sent to our regional library collections in Vancouver, Edmonton, Winnipeg and Halifax.
Please send us a copy of the catalogues that correspond with the above publication dates. If you act as a distributor for foreign publishers (e.g., US, UK, etc.), please check their catalogues to see if they have any eligible titles by Canadian authors and/or Canadian illustrators.
Books published by non-Canadian publishing houses are eligible, provided the author or illustrator is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada who has currently resided in Canada for at least two years.
Note to US publishers, foreign publishers and self-published authors using printers in the US
When you are sending your submissions, please make sure that all courier charges, including duty, are billed to the sender. The CCBC cannot incur these costs. Packages flagged as COD will be refused.
Important note regarding eBooks
Currently, the CCBC is not evaluating eBooks that are not also available in print format. Only books in print format will be evaluated; our juries will not be reading eBook versions. However, if your print books are also available in eBook format, please be sure to include the ISBN and pricing for the electronic format on the title submission form. For titles that are selected, we will indicate that an eBook version is available in the listing.
If you have any questions, please contact Meghan Howe at 416.975.0010 ext. 222 or email@example.com.