Resources for Authors and Illustrators
Whether you’re a published author or illustrator, or just starting out, the CCBC can help you with your creative endeavours:
- Our bestselling Get Published: The Writing for Children Kit offers practical advice, an overview of the Canadian children’s book industry, and our listing of Canadian Children’s Book Publishers Accepting Unsolicited Manuscripts and/or Artwork.
- Members receive Canadian Children’s Book News and Best Books for Kids & Teens, the authoritative guide to the best new Canadian children’s books, magazines, audio and video.
- Each year, we send professional authors, illustrators and storytellers across the country to meet their audiences during TD Canadian Children’s Book Week.
- We can connect you with libraries and classrooms all year round though our Directory of Authors, Illustrators and Storytellers Available for School and Library Visits.
- Our online resources include links to helpful organizations, links to writing workshops across Canada and a listing of Canadian children’s book awards.