FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Winnipeg (April 27, 2014) – The Manitoba Writers’ Guild, with the assistance of the Association of Manitoba Book Publishers, presented the annual Manitoba Book Awards with a gala event this past Sunday, April 27th at the West End Cultural Centre. The winners of the McNally Robinson Book for Young People Award are Powwow Counting in Cree by Penny M. Thomas and Melinda Josie (illus.), published by HighWater Press (younger category) and The Fall by Colleen Nelson, published by Great Plains Teen Fiction (older category).
The full list of nominees can be viewed here.
For more information on the Manitoba Book Awards please visit www.manitobabookawards.com.
The Manitoba Writers’ Guild and the Association of Manitoba Book Publishers would like to thank the following organizations and corporations for their continued sponsorship of the Manitoba Book Awards:
- The Canada Council for the Arts / Conseil des arts du Canada
- The Manitoba Arts Council / Conseil des arts du Manitoba
- The Manitoba Foundation for the Arts
- McNally Robinson Booksellers
- Prairie Fire Press Inc.
- The Winnipeg Arts Council / Conseil des arts du Winnipeg
- The Winnipeg Foundation
- The Winnipeg International Writers Festival / Festival International des écrivains de Winnipeg
- The Writers’ Collective
vManitoba Tourism, Culture, Heritage, Sport and Consumer Protection / Tourisme, Culture, Patrimoine, Sport et Protection du consommateur du Manitoba
Media inquiries please contact:
Manitoba Book Awards
Manitoba Writers’ Guild