This insider’s guide is an intensive workshop for authors who want to know how to get published, how to promote themselves, and how to understand the publishing process.
When and Where:
July 14 and 15, 2014
9:30 am – 4:00 pm
Humber College, Lakeshore Campus, Room D109
Find out about
- what’s happening in Canadian publishing today and what it means for you
- the implications of digital technology for books and writers
- learn about self-publishing options
- how to prepare query letters and book proposals that get results
- how to build your author profile and increase your sales
- how to use social media effectively
- how to market your book
- the basics of the financial arrangements and publishing agreements
Learn from the pros
Workshop leader Cynthia Good is the former president and publisher of Penguin Canada and current director of Humber’s Creative Book Publishing program. Jennifer Murray, Porch Light Consulting, has been the director of marketing at Penguin and vice-president of marketing at Kids Can Press.
The workshop is being offered in room D109 at Humber College’s Lakeshore Campus, located in Etobicoke on Lake Shore Boulevard West at the foot of Kipling Avenue. Coffee and registration are at 9:15 a.m.
The next workshop will be in November, 2014
416-675-6622, ext. 3462
To register online:
A Humber student number and Visa or Mastercard are required. New students phone 416-675-5005 to receive your permanent Humber student number and then go to www.humber.ca/continuingeducation and click the course tab. Select “C” from the alphabetical listing, then click on CBPP 027. Click the “add” button to register.
To register by phone: