Submission Deadline: March 31st, 2012
On your marks, get set, write! An independently published e-book anthology of children’s poetry dedicated to the wide world of sports is in the works. Adults who write children’s poetry, including those who are emerging poets, are invited to submit their work. The publisher is looking for original, unpublished poems, written in English, aimed at 5- to 12-year-olds that deal with various aspects of athletics:
- Olympics and other major international sports events (i.e., FIFA World Cup)
- winter/summer, individual/team sports
- winning and losing
- amateur/professional athletes
- sports fans and those behind the scenes (coaches, refs, etc.)
- equipment/uniforms and places where sports are played
- sports history and other miscellanea (halls of fame, records, trivia, etc.)
*The independent publisher is interested in receiving poems written in a variety of forms including but not limited to the following: couplet, triplet, limerick, haiku, tanka, cinquain, diamante, mask poem, apostrophe poem, list poem, etheree, palindrome, etc.
Poets whose work is selected for the collection will be contacted shortly after the deadline. They will also receive a small honorarium.
A portion of the anthology’s proceeds will be donated to Right to Play, an organization working with volunteers and partners to use sport and play to enhance child development in areas of disadvantage.
Please email poems to Carol-Ann Hoyte at email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a program of the CCBC. Any questions you have regarding this poem anthology should be directed to Carol-Ann Hoyte.