The Royal Conservatory, with the support of the Ontario Arts Council, is pleased to offer the Artist-Educator Foundations Course for artists who are already engaged in arts education, and for those who would like to learn more about arts education. This 30-hour course prepares artists to work in schools and/or in community settings.
The Ontario Arts Council is subsidizing this course so that Ontario artists can enroll at a registration fee of $60.
- To register, individuals must apply by completing the following application form https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PM9NNZG
- Application deadlines will be one week before each course start date.
- Please note that individuals who have participated in other Ontario Arts Council, Royal Conservatory, or Learning Through The Arts artist-educator training programs are not eligible to apply.
- The registration office at the Royal Conservatory School will notify all applicants at least three business days prior to the course start date to let the applicant know whether he or she has been admitted to the course.
- Registration will proceed upon receipt of the $60 fee.
Locations and Dates
- Click here for detailed information about course sites, dates, and availability.
About the Artist Educator Foundations Course
- Combines educational content and theory with a creative “laboratory” environment.
- Artists experiment with applying their arts discipline in educational and community contexts.
- Includes modules on how people learn at different stages of life, partnering in the classroom, and how to develop and structure arts-based lessons that are effective and engaging for learners.
- Understanding School Culture & Teacher Culture
Engaging Effective Partnering with Teachers or Coordinators (Foundations Level)
- Engaging Effective Classroom Management (Foundations Level)
- Understanding Ages and Stages of Development (Foundations Level)
- Exploring Multiple Intelligences Theory
- Understanding The Arts Curriculum (Foundations Level)
- Preparing and Planning Lessons (Foundations Level)
For questions related to the courses, please contact:
The Royal Conservatory
416-408-2825 or 1-888-408-2825
For questions related to the Ontario Arts Council, please contact:
Associate Arts Education Officer
Ontario Arts Council