One of Toronto’s littlest bookstores is now dedicated to the littlest readers. To celebrate the 50th anniversary of Canada’s oldest children’s publisher, Tundra Books, Penguin Random House Canada’s Penguin Shop has been completely re-designed to feature Tundra’s classic and new children’s books.
Penguin Shop’s Tundra takeover is taking place from May 15 to June 9, 2017, following the festivities of the TD Canadian Children’s Book Week and coinciding with the Ontario Library Association’s Festival of Trees. The shop takeover features larger-than-life versions of some of the publisher’s newest children’s books alongside Tundra’s new logo, revealed earlier this year, designed by Canadian design firm Viva & Co. (whose founder is acclaimed Canadian author and illustrator, Frank Viva). The new logo marks the publisher’s first logo re-design since its founding in 1967.
Highlights of the Tundra takeover include:
- Staff picks from the Tundra editorial and marketing team
- Story time and craft activities every Thursday afternoon from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
- Complimentary Tundra tote bag with every in-store purchase over $20
- Additional gifts with purchases of select titles
- In-store contest to win a children’s book library
Join the conversation using #Tundra50 and connect with Tundra Books at:
Learn more about Penguin Shop at penguinshop.ca, and connect online at: