Job title: Office Manager/Bookkeeper
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Schedule: To be mutually-decided
Half-time position as the CCBC office manager/bookkeeper for maximum of three days per week.
As bookkeeper, duties include keeping up-to-date with bookkeeping responsibilities including end-of-month reconciliation statements, end-of-year reconciliation, assisting with annual audit, bank deposits.
Office management includes customer order processing, office supply ordering, mailing fulfillment, office equipment liaison, membership maintenance including renewals and processing.
Provide general administrative and financial support for Book Centre programs including the Grant applications.
Minimum – high school diploma
- At least 3 to 6 years working experience, preferably in not-for-profit, charitable organizations.
- Professional level skills in Microsoft Office (Excel), AP, AR and QuickBooks program.
Skills / Competencies:
- Working knowledge of usual office equipment including photocopier, scanner, Canada Post meter system, cheque scanner.
- Resourceful, innovative, high service orientation and a team player.
- Energetic self-starter who is able to take initiative, work with minimum supervision and achieve objectives through a team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Resourceful at problem solving and continually improving job processes and procedures
- Works in accordance with the provisions of applicable Government of Ontario Health and Safety legislation and all Canadian Children’s Book Centre policies and procedures related to occupational Health and Safety.
- Adheres to policy and legislation identified in the Canadian Children’s Book Centre Policy and Procedures Manuals.
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Previous coordinator or administrative assistant experience