The Canadian Children’s Book Centre (CCBC) is seeking a passionate and dedicated individual to become part of the team as the full time Marketing and Communications Coordinator. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for developing, establishing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet the Canadian Children’s Book Centre objectives through effective coordination of the marketing, advertising and promotional activities of the organization. This is a hybrid position with a minimum of two days a week in office.
The Canadian Children’s Book Centre (CCBC) is a national, not- for-profit organization founded in 1976. We are dedicated to encouraging, promoting and supporting the reading, writing, illustrating and publishing of Canadian books for young readers. Our programs, publications, and resources help teachers, librarians, booksellers and parents select the very best for young readers.
At the heart of our work at the Canadian Children’s Book Centre is our love for the books that get published in Canada each year, and our commitment to raising awareness of the quality and variety of Canadian books for young readers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement marketing plans (both traditional and online) and enhancements for new and existing products and services.
- Maintain and develop engaging content for the CCBC’s social media accounts
- Responsible for the maintenance of CCBC websites and for the enhancement of the CCBC’s online marketing presence (educator newsletter, CCBC Events page, social media accounts).
- Develop content and design of house ads for CCBC publications
- Representing CCBC both online, via our social media accounts, and in person at conferences and events.
- Keeping current with new developments in web technology and online marketing/sales opportunities.
- Working with webmaster on maintenance and development of website, and assisting with website upgrades as necessary.
- Assisting authors and illustrators with their online promotion efforts via the CCBC’s Author, Illustrator and Storyteller Directory (to be launched in late 2022)
- Writing and distributing press releases, as well as writing content for CCBC website.
- Liaising with media and advertising contacts, as well as exploring new advertising venues.
- Demonstrated skill in communicating clearly and concisely in written and verbal form.
- Exceptional writing and copyediting skills to prepare in-house publications, reports, applications, press releases and other marketing material.
- Able to work closely with others internally and externally in a highly collaborative and member service-oriented manner.
- Positive, resourceful, and organized personality with exceptional people skills.
- Able to remain composed and focused while juggling multiple priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Flexible and innovative to respond to changing needs.
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good problem-solving, decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated skill in contributing effort and ideas that assist the CCBC in accomplishing its goals and objectives.
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to liaise with authors, illustrators, booksellers, publishers, teachers, librarians, the public and CCBC members and sponsors at CCBC events and conferences.
- Tact and diplomacy as appropriate to public relations.
- Minimum two years’ experience in marketing and website management, preferably in book publishing.
- Experience developing and maintaining traditional and digital marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives.
- Demonstrated expertise with Apple hardware and software
- Experience in website maintenance and content management.
- Knowledge of basic website languages and tools (HTML, CSS and WordPress).
- Knowledge of social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, YouTube, LinkedIn, Hootsuite
- Experience with any or all of the following: Canva, Photoshop, InDesign
- French proficiency would be an asset.
Candidates are invited to apply electronically by submitting a cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format to email@example.com no later than 5:00 pm on July 22, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviewees should prepare a portfolio of design work in advance. In accordance with the PIPEDA personal information will be used strictly for candidate selection.
The Canadian Children’s Book Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to diversity and accessibility within the workplace. Accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance. Any information relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidential
Annual Salary Range: $46,838 – $54,785 with a competitive benefits package.