The Canadian Children’s Book Centre (CCBC) is seeking passionate and dedicated individuals to serve on the Board of Directors. We have three vacancies to fill at our upcoming AGM on June 8, 2023.
The Canadian Children’s Book Centre (CCBC) is a national, not-for-profit organization founded in 1976. We are dedicated to encouraging, promoting and supporting the reading, writing, illustrating and publishing of Canadian books for young readers. Our programs, publications and resources help teachers, librarians, booksellers and parents select the very best for young readers.
At the heart of our work at the Canadian Children’s Book Centre is our love for the books that get published in Canada each year, and our commitment to raising awareness of the quality and variety of Canadian books for young readers.
- A strong belief and passion in and commitment to the mission and goals of the CCBC.
- A background in legal, governance, marketing/product development/social media, book sales and/or fundraising strongly preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Able to commit to giving time and energy to the organization.
- Previous governance experience is preferred, but not necessary.
- As part of our ongoing mission to regional diversity, we encourage candidates from Northern Canada (Nunavut, Yukon, Northwest Territories)/Rural areas/Quebec/British Columbia areas.
The Canadian Children’s Book Centre affirms its commitment to the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds, and in particular from all those who self-identify with BIPOC communities, LGBTQIA+ communities, those with a disability/disabilities, and other marginalized groups.
Every Director shall be an individual who is:
- Eighteen (18) years of age,
- A member or, within thirty (30) days of notice from the Board, becomes a member of the Canadian Children’s Book Centre.
Directors shall be elected at an annual general meeting on June 8, 2023 in accordance with the terms of the CCBC’s By-laws. Each Director shall be elected for an initial term of 3 years. Each Director is eligible for election for a further consecutive term of 3 years.
- 4 to 6 board meetings annually,
- There are no standing committees; however, ad-hoc committees are established when required;
- Travel is not required, as most activities are done remotely;
- 3-4 hours a month.
Candidates are invited to apply electronically by submitting a cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format by May 8, 2023 to email@example.com.